Sunday, July 13, 2014

Adirondack Bench Seating Build (Part 2)

Last time, I left this project at a state where all of the bottom frame assembly were cut and put together.  I have now cut and assembled the back framing and started planking the lower portion of the seats.

Here, the back vertical struts are clamped in position so I could toe nail the screws in place.

Assembling the frame for the back of the chair.

The back frame installed sitting on the vertical strut.

Another view of the above

Another view showing more of the sides.

All back frames installed

Started staining of the frames

Using the 2 x 6 cedar, I resawed it into thinner planks using a band saw.

Band saw in action

All of the planks cut for the seating.

The jointer was used to smooth out the planks.  I didn't want to sand down the planks with a belt sander.

Result of jointing, looks pretty smooth to me.

All planks stained and installed.  Notice the planks installed on the edges are also notched out.

Different perspective of the above.


No comments:

Post a Comment